Thursday, 11 October 2012

All About Shoes! \(*T▽T*)/

I wouldn't describe myself as a fashionable person. I admire a lot of fashion styles: my tumblr blog is dedicated to fashion, especially Japanese street style particularly in the Harajuku area. Fashionistas like Juria Nakagawa, models like Seto Ayumi and the ever popular "Kawaii Ambassador" Kyary Pamyu Pamyu are all people that I find very inspiring, especially when it comes to the concept of wearing whatever you want, however you want in a way that pleases yourself, not others. (Note: I'll be making a post in the future about people who inspire me when it comes to fashion!) However when it comes to implementing them myself it doesn't work out. The main reason is because I'm not very confident to try them out. If I do, it's in small ways such as: hats, different coloured shoe laces, Barbie badges, Little Twin Stars bags and Hello Kitty iPhone cases. Accessories are key after all! (Note: All of these pictures belong to me. Most of them are found on my Instagram!)


Badges can make outfits look fun, and they can also let others know what you like! In my case it's popular characters: Barbie, Sanrio, Doraemon and San-X!

One thing that I am really passionate about is shoes. I absolutely LOVE shoes, whether they're flats ballerinas, high heels, wedges or boots. Shoes can make you taller and are a staple part of any outfit, often being the one thing that people are most drawn to! So I have decided to show my (incredibly small) range of shoes here that I team up with my outfits to snazz them up a little bit heh. ^^



Patent Dr Martens: Brought these the other day and I want to run back to Schuh and get a white pair because these are absolutely awesome! I wear mine with leggings/jeans and a hoodie and I am good to go! Personally I prefer the patent Dr Marten's to the non-patent ones: what can I say, I love the shine!! “ヽ(´▽`)ノ”

Creepers: Ah, good old creepers. They are the latest trend and I'm not ashamed to say that I've jumped on the bandwagon because they are awesome!! You won't only see them in London but you'll also see fashion savvy people rocking these in Harajuku in all kinds of colours! Mine are double soled so that in itself draws attention to them D: I decorated mine with yellow/creme coloured laces from American Apparel, and they matched well with my creme coloured cardigan that I wore that day. I also wore white lace socks to contrast with my black tights and to give it a girly look.



Rocking Horse Shoes: Originally created by Vivienne Westwood in the 1980's, Rocking Horse Shoes stand out from the crowd. Great for finishing off a Lolita outfit. If you want to buy the originals they'll cost you a whopping £375! However the ones I have in the picture above are a considerably cheaper pair from Bodyline. I myself haven't worn these yet because I'm still practising winding the straps around my ankles but I WILL master it one day hahaha!!



Converse: Converse are perfect for most outfits whether paired (no pun intended!) with a t-shirt and jeans combo or with a cute little dress, as demonstrated above LOL. I always make a point to wear socks over my tights when I wear them. Topshop have a great selection of socks, often with cute designs like cupcakes or pandas!! I also take advantage of their 3 for £8 offers!!

So basically what I wanted to say in this post is that I feel that the shoes I wear help to improve the look of my entire outfit. Even if I'm not confident enough to be more "outlandish" with my clothes, my shoes reveal that hidden rebellious side of me. Well...that and the fact that omg, I just love shoes!! (人´∀`*)

As Gok Wan said: "It's all about the confidence!"

Lala
___φ(・ω・` )

No comments:

Post a Comment