Monday, 22 October 2012

Scenery

More Studio Ghibli!! I just can't get enough to be honest. Plus it's the only semi-interesting thing that I can post about right now...I'm just that boring D:

This time it's Howl's Moving Castle (which everyone has probably already seen like 50 million times) and ugh, there are a few moments in this film that I'm left like...drooling over the scenery because it's absolutely beautiful. Especially the scene where Howl shows Sophie the garden that his uncle gave him when he was younger. I wanna go to that garden too lol, it must be so peaceful...

Sophie on her way to visit Lettie
Sophie and Howl escaping from the Blob Men
Ok, here's my favourite part omgggg:

Ahhhhhhhh ;;A;;
Howl's old study

Beautiful
Can I live here please?
shjdghjsgdhsja ;;

Ok enough of my idiocy lol, let me rescue this post from being completely pointless...

I was considering doing a post for my favourite Ghibli characters...I mean come on: isn't it great that most of Ghibli's films have FEMALE protagonists?! Fantastic! Not just protagonists but heroines

But I'll just talk about Sophie herself: she doesn't view herself as worthy...of anything. Some of her quotes:

[To Lettie] "Howl only does that [steals/eats hearts] of beautiful girls"
[To herself after seeing her aged self] "Your clothes finally suit you"
[After Howl's drama queen moment] You think you've got it bad? I've never once been beautiful in my entire life!"
[In the garden] "Please, Howl, I'm sure that I can be of use to you. Even though I'm not pretty...and all I'm good at is cleaning."

Even before she has that ageing spell cast on her, her confidence was really low. I don't think that it was because she was being a 'typical teenager': to me her personality consisted of  her being self-sacrificing and concentrating on others whilst neglecting her own feelings and wants, leading to her underlying sadness. This could be a reason why she was willing to carry on with her father's hatting business, not just because she was "the eldest". But by the end of her adventure she managed to find courage and confidence to save the day (in this instance through love). Her assertiveness especially increased after her admission of love for Howl in the cave. I guess it shows how those with low self esteem can pick themselves back up enough to get through challenges. Unexpected things happen that at first may seem to be a curse or bad luck, but they turn into something much more rewarding.Well, that's what I got from it anyway...

Wow, what a load of drivel. (/ω\) Let me finish the post with this quote:

"Sorry. I've had enough of running away. Now I've got something I want to protect. It's you." - Howl

Brb, crying my eyes out  .・゜゜・(/。\)・゜゜・.

Also, I recommend the original novel version of Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones. It's a trilogy: Howl's Moving Castle, Castle In The Air and House Of Many Ways. I promise you won't regret it!!

Hope you enjoyed! 

Lala
___φ(・ω・` )

No comments:

Post a Comment