Sunday, 16 December 2012

My Personal Inspiration

It's been a long time since my last post...16 days in fact! Unacceptable...(>_<) I'm really sorry.

Well this post is not going to be very long. I've been really busy with work (only 4 more weeks to go! \(^O^)/) but from the 24th I'll be on Christmas holidays for 2 weeks!!! I can't wait! Although I'll probably be doing work during that time meh...but I'll have time to study Japanese (LOL like that's gonna happen) and rearrange my room. I've been inspired by the latest episode of Kawaii International and I'm super jealous of everyone's perfect rooms so I want to make mine cute and well...more me! Hopefully if that does happen I'll make a post about it! ^^

Ok so first up: my Outfit Of The Day! Ok this is yesterday's OOTD because I didn't go out today and yeah...also these photos will be horribly unedited and plain and unclear and ignore the background as well because...just ignore everything lol:


I'm wearing a black polka dot dress from Yesstyle (who used to be my favourite online store ever until I discovered spinns omg) and my black patent DM's.


Remember the old cartoon Dangermouse? If not click here for the intro. This is my brother's kindly donated sweatshirt which is great because of the cold weather in London meh.

  

And to finish it off, my deep red hoodie and BOY LONDON hat (which you can't see)..oh and a nice warm black scarf lol.

Ok so that was boring... (¬_¬)ノ

One thing I wanted to say though is that recently I've been thinking a lot about living life in a meaningful way and the fact that I haven't been doing that. As part of a session last week, I had to think about people who I think has not let anything get in the way of their dreams and the first person that came to my mind was:

Kaila aka Rainbowholic!!

She is a blogger from Manila who now resides in Japan and is well known for her photos and blog posts about everything cute omg ;;;; I deem her to be not only successful at blogging but also in the fact that she's achieved (some of) her dreams and that she is a very motivated and charismatic individual. Not to mention she's only 21 and has already achieved so much!! Only one year older than me, I really need to push myself to try harder ugh...

To me, achievement is something that is high on my list of priorities: if I don't achieve well and enough I am essentially worthless. Now part of my low self esteem is caused by the fact that I don't think I have achieved much over my life time. However, I find hope in individuals such as Kaila by reading about their achievements and dreams that have been met and hope that one day I can meet my own.

Interestingly, today Kaila posted a picture of her old notebook in which she has written down goals that she wanted to meet. (Click here to have a look!) So I decided to make a similar list for myself:


If you can't read my scribbles it says:

Goals
  • Graduate in 2013!
  • Become the best teacher that I can be
  • Teach abroad
  • Successfully learn (to read and write) Japanese
  • Travel!
  • See the GazettE live in concert!!!
  • View myself in a more positive light
As you can see the majority of these goals revolve around education/studying and bettering myself as a person. The last one was underlined because I feel that this is the most important and that it will help me to meet all the other goals. 

This post has turned out to be longer than intended...not to mention really personal so I apologise if it's boring or whatever but this has been on my mind for awhile now and I felt it an appropriate topic to make a post about. And if Kaila ever reads this, I'd like to thank you so much for being an inspiration not only for me but for the thousands who read your blog. You're the best!! ヽ(*⌒∇⌒*)ノ

By the way, you can read Kaila's blog by clicking here!

Thanks for reading and again, I am sorry for the long wait. (シ_ _)シ

Lala
___φ(・ω・` )

No comments:

Post a Comment