Sunday, 3 March 2013

The Hobbit!

Ok so this post has been long overdue......about 3 weeks overdue omg I am SO sorry! D: Being in the last year of uni really does take over your time (among other things) and to be quite honest blogging hasn't really been on my mind recently...

Today I have decided to stray from my usual fashion-based posts to talk about....The Hobbit!! Aside from Alice In Wonderland, J.R.R. Tolkien's 'The Hobbit' was my favourite childhood book. Seriously, I've had this book from Year 7!! (That's when I was 11 for those who don't live in England) 


Everything about the story...I can't even describe it: it was just such a wonderful book and I would read it over and over and over again. I eventually progressed to reading The Lord of The Rings, much longer but still a great read. I fell in love with the characters, the plot, the movies: everything about it interests me greatly. I could go on and on and on about it but fortunately for you I'll stop here LOL. 


Or maybe not. You've probably already seen the first of three movies for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (if you haven't yet then what are you waiting for?!!) I saw it two weeks ago and omg I was so emotional by the end of it! I have some minor disappointments about the film but on the whole I think it was great! I'll definitely be buying the dvd when it comes out early April (so far away omg T____T)


In December EMPIRE magazine had 3D covers featuring five different characters: Bilbo Baggins, Thorin Oakenshield, Gandalf the Grey, Galadriel and Gollum. I chose the Bilbo cover!


Inside had a 63 page set of articles about the making of the film, all the characters etc. I was planning on scanning the magazine but thankfully the website has lots of images so I can use those instead hehe! These are some of my favourite characters:

Favourite characters from The Hobbit: well I like everyone! However in particular I like Bofur, Gandalf, Thranduil (so damn fabulous!), Elrond (he's so much happier in this film omg ;;), Thorin, Kili...to be perfectly honest I'm more attached to LOTR characters than The Hobbit characters. Despite reading The Hobbit first and being introduced to Middle-earth by that book, there are more characters in LOTR and a lot of them have great background history and detailed personalities. In The Hobbit (and probably in these films as well) I feel that there wasn't much character development apart from the main characters. Also, Gandalf came out of the story in the middle and I REALLY wanted to know more about his actions at Dol Guldur (of course Tolkien revealed this information in his other works lol). However, saying all this I do realise that The Hobbit is a children's fantasy book, is only around 300 pages long and it was mainly about the fun and adventure (and revenge) so it perfectly suited me at age 11. I think as an adult I've come to appreciate it even more as part of a great series of fantasy novels and I'm so glad to be able to read this book in my childhood and now as an adult.

TL;DR: I love the Hobbit and Lord of The Rings books AND films!!!!!!!!!!!

Phew, that was really long! I'm really passionate about books so I might do some more book related posts in the future. (Like Alice In Wonderland!! ;;A;;) So that this post isn't entirely boring, here's a bit of fashion for you!

The famous Australian brand BlackMilk are well known for their amazing quality leggings, as well as other womens-wear. In the past they have released designs ranging from nature, galaxy and saints, to iconic films Star Wars and LOTR! They have recently designed clothing that features The Hobbit designs! These are my favourite: (They're so nice omg T______T)


Even greater news: free international standard shipping until the the 8th March! So if you really want something from the store, it's best to get it now! Here's a link to the store!


Have fun shopping! And thank you for reading! ^^

Lala ___φ(・ω・` )

No comments:

Post a Comment