Friday, 4 December 2015

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer!




So it's out (a long time ago I know, but I still want to talk about it haha) and I'm playing it and.......it's actually really good! I loved the idea of designing my own house in the exact way that I wanted with the exact things that I wanted and so when I heard about this game I rushed to get it.


I bought a couple of packs of cards and the collector's album to go with it.






So about the game. It almost hits the mark...but not quite. Yes, I can't design my own house. I can't even wear exactly what I want. But designing houses is much more fun than I thought it would be and the fact that we can see EVERY SINGLE POSSIBILITY OF REDESIGNING OBJECTS is like the most amazing thing ever.

Also I'm pretty sure that some of the items in this game were not in the previous game? Or maybe they were in the Japanese game only. I don't know but the additions are really sweet and just add the finishing touches to my "perfect room". 

So here are some of my designs! I was so proud of some of these until I looked at the Happy Home Network and saw the all of the submissions and.......yeah mine suck LOL but it's nice to see how different people design things and it's great to get inspiration from the HHN.


School:







Children's Store:





Hairdresser's:




Cute Cafe:





Flower Shop:



It was really hard to resist making everything pink, but somehow I managed, kind of! I also know that my ideas are very unoriginal: I really lack imagination! I find it a lot of fun however, for me to be able to create a shop or museum or anything I want really, with ease.


A couple of months ago I purchased the Japanese ACNL guidebook.






It contains pages and pages of absolutely everything you could think of. My friend was like "but you can't read it properly what's the point?" which whilst true it's also kind of untrue because I'm already familiar with the game mechanics and, I don't know, I just like owning a book dedicated to animal crossing ok?!! 







One of the best features of this book in my opinion is near the back, where it shows you entire outfits modelled so that you know which dress goes with which hair accessory and shoes etc. So for instance in this picture it shows what dress is meant to go with the rabbit ears, or what goes with the King Tut mask.




Although I haven't, and probably never will, play this game every single day or for hours like ACNL, it's a really good game to get lost in for a while if you like the designing aspect of Animal Crossing.

Hope you enjoyed reading this post!

Lala 
___φ(・ω・` )



No comments:

Post a Comment