Wednesday, 24 August 2016

London Final Fantasy XV Kingsglaive Premiere!!

So yesterday I went to the premiere of Kingsglaive at Picturehouse Central in Piccadilly! I still can't believe that I manage to get a ticket to this, apparently it sold out in under a minute! (*゚ロ゚) Still I'm thankful that I was able to go and I want to write down my thoughts about the event and the film.



I've seen The Spirits Within and Advent Children and have played quite a few of the games from the series, so I'm familiar with the "final fantasy" feel when it comes to cutscenes and video content. I remember when I was younger and watched my brother play Final Fantasy X for the first time. That opening cutscene in Zanarkand     (۶* ‘ꆚ’)۶” Little old me was astounded at the quality of the graphics and how real the characters looked. It's one of the many reasons why it's my favourite Final Fantasy game! (After typing this I went to youtube because I just had to watch it again! If you've never seen it then watch it here!)




The Event

I've never been to Picturehouse Central before so looking around, it's a really nice cinema! At the entrance I collected my lanyard with one of three characters featured on it: Lunafreya, Nyx and Regis (I think? Can't remember) 



I went to my seat which had a free bottle of water and popcorn! 

 



It was comfortable and spacious, and even though I sat in the second row my view was great and it didn't bother me too much! After waiting for about 25 minutes the premiere started! And wow I did not expect who would be walking in as a surprise guest: SEAN BEAN! (´∀`)♡ Mr walking spoiler! Omg I still can't believe it! I'm a really big Lord of the Rings fan so I was internally freaking out haha! My mum also liked the series that he was in called Sharpe and of course he's been in so many films so that was so amazing, she was really excited to hear that he was there! We also got to hear from the director of the movie Takeshi Nozue, the lead writer Dan Inoue and a special recorded message from the man himself, Hajime Tabata! 

And finally the film started! 。゚✶ฺ.ヽ(*´∀`*)ノ.✶゚ฺ。


(Spoiler free!) Impressions about the film

Now for Kingsglaive I had no expectations, I just wanted to go in and enjoy the movie and connect it to the limited information we have for FFXV. I've watched the anime episodes that give us some background on Noctis, Ignis, Promto and Gladius and that's it! I haven't read a summary or synopsis for this film, I've just seen a couple of pictures and gifs on twitter and put together my own ideas based on the anime. Please remember that this is my personal opinion and not a professional review; I didn't take media studies at school! ʱªʱªʱª (ᕑᗢूᓫ∗)



The graphics, the CGI, the action scenes, everything visual about it absolutely blew my mind. Most of the characters looked so real! There were some great scenes that set up the story and I was able to understand most of what was going on. Some of the actions scenes were a little hard to keep up with but I loooved seeing the Kingsglaive themselves, the way they fought and moved around was great.

I had a favourite character but then they died in the first half of the film (╥_╥) So if I had to choose someone it would probably have to be Nyx. As the main character he had plenty of moments to shine, and shine he did! Lunafreya was really great too, at first I thought she had a martyr complex but looking back on it she had a strong conviction about her role and set about carrying it out using the best of her abilities.

What felt flat for me was the transitions between scenes. Some moments didn't flow very well together and there were quite a few fade to black moments. (The one done at the end at a very pivotal moment was excellent however!) Also some of the dialogue was...lacking. I mean it wouldn't be Final Fantasy without some cheesy dialogue haha! But there were some glaring moments where it didn't work, or where the lines were fine but didn't fit in with the context of the scene? If you've seen it then maybe you know which moments I'm talking about.

Negatives aside, let me just say that this film did a good job at hooking me in to FFXV! I'm even more excited to play it now! Okay, so it's been pushed back to November but I have so many questions about certain characters so that will keep me occupied for the next few months. Yep, I've definitely been hooked!


Goody Bag!

After the film, as we headed out we were handed our goody bags! o(^▽^)o


Inside contained a lanyard, a card holder, the Uncovered calendar and a Playstation Access notebook!


I loooove the calendar! The fanarts are amazing!





After collecting the bag, we went into the bar area where demos of the master game and some cardboard cutouts of the characters were set up. I didn't stay for long after but you can watch the stream on FFXV's facebook to see some interviews!



All in all it was wonderful night, would've been even better if my friends were there (´;︵;`) I'm crossing my fingers for a Kingdom Hearts special event. Sorry, I just had to mention that game *:゚*。⋆ฺ(*´◡`)

Check out these links below, they might be putting up more pictures and videos of the event in the next few days!


Thanks for reading!


Lala
___φ(・ω・` )

No comments:

Post a Comment