Monday, 14 November 2016

Pensive: An Interlude~

I've been so in awe of nature recently. I mean, it's always been there of course but for some reason, the Autumn air has been bringing out some of the most amazing sights. I thought I'd just share some scenic pictures of London, along with some pretentious musings that have been floating around my mind recently...



I've been thinking a lot lately...about how far I've come, or whether I've made any progress at all. 

.
.
.

I don't know if I'm moving backwards or forwards.




Sometimes I feel like a jack-of-all-trades (albeit, not a very good one) and master of none as the saying goes. What I mean by that is, at the moment I'm into a lot of different things and I want to become skilled in different areas. 


Drawing, writing, photography, learning a new language...



Summer 2016 was a defining moment for me: I realised that I had to leave the past firmly behind and keep looking forward. That I had to concentrate on me.


I did. And it felt great.


I dove headfirst into life and started to express myself with paper and pencils, with meeting people and making friends, with finding confidence in doing things independently. I found enjoyment in it. 


But now I've come to a crossroads, the same crossroads that I seem to keep arriving at year after year after year:


.
.
.
Which way will lead me to where I want to be in life?




Do I even know what I want?



That scares me the most: I don't know what I want. I just want.


To be something. To feel like someone.
...someone worthy





                                 ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡


I must admit, I've been needing a few pick me ups recently.

Listening to Solange's new album A Seat at the Table is one of them. Seriously. I've been playing this album on the regular. Especially 'Cranes In The Sky', 'Where Do We Go' and 'Weary', they fit in with my current mood and soul searching.




"Be leery bout your place in the world 
You're feeling like you're chasing the world 
You're leaving not a trace in the world 
But you're facing the world" - Weary


Tumblr AKA my pictorial moodboard. I've been filling my space there with pastels and oceans and fashion...and it's really soothing.






My blog on tumblr is coloursofthespring




Who Inspires Me?








Do you belong? I do.


Lala
(¯―¯٥)。o꒰꒱

No comments:

Post a Comment